Cardfight Vanguard Academy

Welcome to the Cardfight Vanguard Academy! Please support us by registering and becoming a member!

HomeFAQRegisterLog in
Latest Topics
Topic
History
Written by
When Everything that glitters ain't gold...
Staff Recruiting
Royal Paladin (Reglious Soul Saver) Deck Profile
Floris introduction
Aqua Force (Tetra Drive Dragon) with Strides Deck Profile
Card of the Week [16.02.2014]
Grade 0 Rush
Mau5Trap's GFX showcase
Users Who Remind me of anime characters
Quintet Walls - Are They More than Perfect?
Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:53 pm
Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:00 pm
Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:22 pm
Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:40 am
Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:53 pm
Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:52 pm
Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:50 pm
Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:48 pm
Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:48 pm
Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:46 pm
{TSC}:G}Royal Guillotine
{TSC}:G}Royal Guillotine
Echizen
Insanity Mist
Insanity Mist
Insanity Mist
Insanity Mist
Insanity Mist
Insanity Mist
Insanity Mist

Share| .

Star Vader, "Omega" Glendios's card effect is now official

View previous topic View next topic Go down
AuthorMessage
Midnight Bunny

Professor/Event Manager

Activity Points : 124

PostSubject: Star Vader, "Omega" Glendios's card effect is now official Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:09 pm#1

Star Vader, "Omega" Glendios was revealed at monday, and it's everything we expected it to be.

Quote :
[AUTO](VC) Limit Break 5 (This ability is active if you have five or more damage):At the beginning of your main phase, if the number of your opponent's locked cards is five or more, you win.
[ACT](VC) Limit Break 4 (This ability is active if you have four or more damage):[Counter Blast (1) & Choose one card with "Яeverse" in its card name from your hand, and discard it] All of your opponent's locked cards cannot be unlocked during your opponent's next end phase.
[AUTO](VC):When a unit with "Яeverse" in its card name is placed on your (RC), choose one of your opponent's rear-guards, and lock it. This ability cannot be used for the rest of that turn.
[CONT](VC):All of your rear-guards with "Яeverse" in its card name are also «Link Joker», and during your turn, those units get [Power]+4000.

Evidently, this card is almost exactly the same as what we speculated it to be, outside of some different wording. However, one important difference is the exclusion of an effect: it doesn't have Lord.

Obviously this isn't too important because your Reverse units become Link Jokers anyway, but this opens up opportunities to splash some units from other clans in this deck. I haven't thought about it too much but I'm pretty sure there are some good examples.

I'd say my opinion on the card is still the same. You're never realistically going to be able to use the Ultimate Break, but the condition of running a lot of Reverse units is mitigated by Link Joker's newest starting vanguard: Star Vader, World Line Dragon.

World Line Dragon doesn't come with the standard Forerunner ability, but it makes up for it by providing consistency for Glendios. During your ride phase, if your vanguard is a grade 2 or less Link Joker, you can discard a Reverse unit to check the top five cards of your deck and add a Link Joker to your hand. The cool part of this ability is that you get to use it a total of three times, since it works when you're about to ride a grade 1. This should give you enough thinning to piece together a grade 1, grade 2, and Glendios for the rest of the game. This unit also can't die either, since it stays in your soul, meaning it's very reliable.

Does this make Glendios any better? Yeah, it probably does. I still don't see the deck as playable however. Once again, the Limit Break 5 skill is almost non-existent and the deck feels really clunky as a whole, due to the amount of grade 3's you need to play. Once again, there's still more support on the way. But for now, here's your newest Link Joker boss. Post your opinion here, and thanks for reading.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Back to top Go down
Twedledum

United Sanctuary

Activity Points : 99

PostSubject: Re: Star Vader, "Omega" Glendios's card effect is now official Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:15 pm#2

Combined with 2 Dust Tail Unicorn and Colony Maker as well as the breakride and with the Reverse card you can get the instant win condition. However, not all clans tend to have full rearguard circles.

Back to top Go down
http://dimavanguard.blogspot.com/
Master R

United Sanctuary

Activity Points : 8

PostSubject: Re: Star Vader, "Omega" Glendios's card effect is now official Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:14 pm#3

indeed that's a really good card =o

I has no idea what this oz o.o
Back to top Go down
Tenshin

United Sanctuary

Activity Points : 1

PostSubject: Re: Star Vader, "Omega" Glendios's card effect is now official Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:51 pm#4

that would sack everyone who uses reverse deck, specially that need 2 lock like celestial murakumo, dll
Back to top Go down
[OZ] Damba

United Sanctuary

Activity Points : 42

PostSubject: Re: Star Vader, "Omega" Glendios's card effect is now official Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:11 pm#5

I won't try it out because unlike Glendios, Reverse units have Lord. But still, Glendios looks epic and scary Smile
Back to top Go down
Deiske

United Sanctuary

Activity Points : 77

PostSubject: Re: Star Vader, "Omega" Glendios's card effect is now official Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:26 pm#6

I swear, all this card game does is model cards after anime.

Observe, Gurren Laggan.

Back to top Go down
rherrera8482*

United Sanctuary

Activity Points : 2

PostSubject: Re: Star Vader, "Omega" Glendios's card effect is now official Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:07 am#7

to be perfectly honest I think omega glendios is the best unit by far except for dragonic overlord the-Re-birth
Back to top Go down
Insanity Mist

Activity Points : 200

PostSubject: Re: Star Vader, "Omega" Glendios's card effect is now official Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:31 pm#8

Hate that card can I burn it >.>

~The Darkness Of The Blue Flame, Fear The Fairy Tail Knight~
Back to top Go down
[T.A.] Ren

United Sanctuary

Activity Points : 17

PostSubject: Re: Star Vader, "Omega" Glendios's card effect is now official Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:07 am#9

lol all you need to do is run 4 cold death, breakride infinite zero repeatedly unless you have 5 dmg, then breakride omega, lock 2. call a reverse lock another, 2 cold death and u can have 5 locked at once with 2 cold death, 2 rverse units, 5 dmg and breakriding omega over zero when u have 5 dmg. and oponent has 3 rgs.and ur world end" is already set lol. they dont need 5 just 3 rgs lol.
Back to top Go down
[T.A.] Ren

United Sanctuary

Activity Points : 17

PostSubject: Re: Star Vader, "Omega" Glendios's card effect is now official Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:09 am#10

Which isnt hard to obtain considering 8 draw triggers kinda ensures that u can get 2 reverse 2 cold death and omega for when you breakride at 5 dmg. plus world line skill helps along with that if u have too many reverse units and want to search out the infinite zero, omega or 2 cold deaths. if u dont have em.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Star Vader, "Omega" Glendios's card effect is now official #11

Back to top Go down

Star Vader, "Omega" Glendios's card effect is now official

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1